Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Speaking Silences

Maybe today every word I'd say
Won't make anything okay
For what, a second ago, seemed like a forest fire to me
graduated to the first spell of acid leak down her cheek
When the pain became too unbearable to contain
With those pleading eyes looking into mine, she took my name
"Will it ever be...", she broke off mid-sentence
Rephrased and uttered the words which shattered me, broke the spell
"Was I ever what you needed? Was I ever loved?"
By this time I was trembling in grief, her question was too sincere
How do you make the woman you love realize
That it's always been her, that you've chosen her for life
In a fix, I stood there, trying to contemplate
How to make her hear the words I've never said
Still gazing in her eyes, I envy her today
How she never ran out of the perfect thing to say
While I always got stuck up in a two-syllable maze
I felt her grip on my hand ease
I couldn't even muster out a Please
My world was losing it's sheen
the skies were darkening
Head still held high
Crumbling inside yet on the face I couldn't muster a cry
She walked out the door
Closing it behind her
I crashed to the floor
Watching the promised forever turn forlorn
Watching the girl I love, gone.

With so much as a whimper, I finally cried
With her face behind my closed eyes, a little each moment, I died
Broken to bits, writhing, I screamed, "I need you, STAY"
The door swung open
On my face she sprung a cushion
Hugged me and said,
"When the silences speak, you don't really have to say."

© 2012 Neha Choudhry




0 comments:

Post a Comment