Wednesday, May 9, 2012

¡feliz cumpleaños!

Written on: May 8, 2012 
The world stage gleamed
People sang his name in chorus
A dream intertwined with reality
I stood backstage, steering clear of lights and focus.

The music percolated, ran sinusoidal or so
The earth reverberated or I swayed, I don't know
Someone tapped, I turned and behold
The very moment I imagined all my life, materialized.

Closer, he came
I nervously fiddled with my mane
He took my hand, leaned in and hugged
"Be my today, forever", he whispered.

Puzzled, I searched his eyes
"How do you know...", I tried asking as he, smilingly, stepped aside
and added, "just wait a moment or two..."
The curtains threw open, louder the cheers grew.

Unmoving, bated breath, I looked around
The whole world was here, it seemed, yet all I saw was a blur
"This one's for you" his voice echoed
With tears streaming down my face, I held his gaze.

Each second there on is etched in time
How he asked for a dance, how I was too enchanted to phrase a reply
He twirled me around, winked and smiled
And unleashed the words that left my world hypnotized.

..."I can be your hero, baby.
I can kiss away the pain.
I would stand by you forever.
You can take my breath away"...

Was too numb to react
Was too overwhelmed to breathe
Was too moved to move
Was too elated to speak

He wrapped me in his arms while I sobbed in happiness
With my heart dancing to beats of his heartbeat
I kissed him and whispered "Happy Birthday"
.
.
.
I woke up, smiling
*Sigh* a beautiful dream.

© 2012 Neha Choudhry


0 comments:

Post a Comment