Thursday, March 8, 2012

Jumbled dreams that rhyme

Too dark to see
Too much to speak
Too lost to find words to explain
Too hurt to spell out the pain

Was it the color that faded away
or my sight
Was it a dream that got crushed
or my life
Was it just a mere wish
or my entire world
Was it a silent promise to be back again
or the last goodbye.

Guess I'll never know
Guess I'll never show
Guess I'll let it be
Guess I'll see you with closed eyes, in sleep.

Don't open your eyes just yet
my dream would break
Don't give your voice to my name
my heart might just start beating again
Don't promise that you will stay
my life would pause in that moment
Don't vow a forever
my today sleeps disheveled.

© 2012 Neha Choudhry

2 comments:

GossamerDiaries said...

It flowed like a series of couplets :) Very beautifully written! :)
an apprehensive appeal, seeking reassurance! Amazing :*

Neha Choudhry said...

:* Thanks baby!

Post a Comment