Friday, January 27, 2012

"Remember when..."

All it takes sometime is a confession
All it takes some is a lifetime to make so
All it took me was a few seconds to realize that
The one I would ever want so much
is already mine.

To catch a glimpse of universe
To whisper your name to the stars
To believe that a part of heaven is what you are, residing in my heart
It didn't take me
much time.

And finally I held your gaze
And forever it took you to notice
And the steps backtracked, tears trickled, voices cracked
but at the goodbye
we struck a synced rhyme.

It's a memory lane I don't traverse
It's a story I skip through
It's a dream I don't talk of
yet with every blink and beat
I defy those lines.

The sweetest accomplishment of my life
The one that shall always hold true
The way I don't picture you and say "What if..."
but the way
I narrate a "Remember when..."

© 2012 Neha Choudhry


0 comments:

Post a Comment