Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Rain on me now!

It stayed up there and watched it all
day by day dirt drenched my soul.
I heard things I never wanted to
I saw things my eyes can never forget.

I walked the trek all by myself
taking tiny steps, tiny breaths.
Darkness was growing inside me
and the smile I carried wasn't just helping brighten it.

And even before the first teardrop could touch my cheek
It came rushing down to rescue me.
Wearing the cloak of the breeze
Hugged me tender, put me to ease.

The downpour washed away the vices, the pain
I stand drenched in happiness, in love
With the silver drops beating on my head
I dance, I sing, I celebrate the rain.

As night starts to draw in
it kissed me good night,
silently singing
my favorite lullaby.

At times the world's walls close in on us
Eyes brim with tears, smile turns a frown.
Look up and just call out its name
Nature showers diamonds on you
each time it Rains!

© 2011 Neha Choudhry


2 comments:

GossamerDiaries said...

Like i told, out of the world imagery your words happen to create everytime! Loved this one like i love all :*

Neha Choudhry said...

:) I'm shining like a candle in the dark when such a comment comes from Ms. Awesomeness herself! :*

Post a Comment