Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Lethally Yours.

Do you have the slightest idea
How brutally you tore me apart
To build me up and bring it all crashing down
Dazzled by your smile, I guess I overlooked that you were the master of this art.

How easy it is to say "Let's part ways"
How convenient it is to hold my hand, walk along all day
But as the night falls, as sunlight fades to gray
How chivalrous it is to leave me in traffic, halfway.

Yes I do have a hyper-active imagination
Maybe I mistook, misread everything you never said
But what's your argument for the kisses you planted, for the butterflies you gave
The 'till the end of time' love, you professed.

Headache I am, ninety-nine percent of the time
But at least you can sleep, thanks to the plethora of pills
The heartache you gave has no cure
My breaths are engulfed in tears, the silence kills.

Having survived yet another day, much to your surprise
As a broken me takes off for the dream world behind my closed eyes
I, yet again, erase the hurt, put the tears to a pause
Just Because...

Sometimes you are enchanted by the excruciating pain
Sometimes you are so in love with the cause.


© 2011 Neha Choudhry


6 comments:

Anuranjani said...

Every time I think, you cannot come up with something better coz the piece is already so good, you DO come up with something awesome-r! :O
Lovely Poem!

Neha Choudhry said...

:)
Thanks girly!
More to come...!

Greeshma Ramesh said...

OKAY!I do not think I'm worthy enough to comment on this one! Any word that I can think of, is an understatement. What do I do Miss Choudhry? ;) ;)

Neha Choudhry said...

Greeshma, well that makes it even. I am left stunned by your write-ups! Even thesaurus doesn't come to my rescue! :)

Brinda Kulkarni said...

i love how it is contradicting in the end.. its got too much depth to it!:) *hats off ma'am*:)

Neha Choudhry said...

:) You are chadaofying me on chane ka jhaad!
You are super awesome yourself.

P.S. The last line of the poem was all I had in mind when I started writing.

Post a Comment