Thursday, November 17, 2011

I love you ♥

I sit here misty-eyed
Seems like all of me is shattered, smashed inside
There isn't a second I haven't cried
Since the moment you unknowingly meowed a goodbye.

With every tiny sound you made
my worries, laments you put to fade
The way you clutched me close in embrace
Will shine the brightest memory of you, for always.

The way I've cuddled you to sleep
I myself wasn't aware I loved you so damn deep
Until today when I looked in your eyes for one final time
I could feel myself break, giving away the only one I could call mine.

Stay safe, my love and learn to catch a mouse
Although from the bottom of my sinking heart I am so wishing you create a mess in that house
Just so you can be back to me
And we, together, can hug and sleep.

I've cradled you when you shivered at night
Laughed when you chased torch's light
You made me your home, tore down the walls I've built around my heart
The love we share is forever, we are never apart.

It'll be a task tomorrow morning to not look for you around
To not re-fill your milk bowl, to not answer to your sound.
Just remember one thing, I am always finding a way to get back to you
And no matter what I do, I am always thinking of you.

© 2011 Neha Choudhry


4 comments:

Greeshma Ramesh said...

I'm touched, totally grabbed by, awed! You play with the words. And, so darn well =)

Neha Choudhry said...

Things like the above happen when emotions take over!

Brinda Kulkarni said...

that is so touching!! really.. i was close to tears!:( its such a cute poem!!:)

Neha Choudhry said...

Inspired by the cutest thing I've held in these hands... my baby kitten!

Post a Comment