Sunday, November 6, 2011

'Cause I built a castle on the sands of time.

In the smoke of burning memories
In the cocktail of tears that flow
In the first words that I said to you
In the last of you that I saw
I suffocated myself so as to let you breathe free
I drank in the pain each time 'cause you never cared to see
I stood clutching onto the tiniest pieces of my heart
Only to see you hold her hand
Look me in the eye
And walk away.

In the eerie silence of the night
In the very first phrase of my prayers
In the song that's stuck in my head
In the perfume of the time we had
I whispered your name to the stars as my only wish
I asked happiness for you wherever you might be
I sang the lyrics with life streaming down my cheeks
Only to see you light a match
Set us on fire
And leave.

In the silent seconds passing between us
In the butterfly kisses
In the raindrops that sparkled your face
In the unheard words of the hidden letters I never gave
I wished to hear your voice, I wanted you to speak
I waited, bated breath, only to know if you loved me
I drenched all these years in the rain of love
Only to see you close your eyes
Shut the door
And whisper Goodbye.


© 2011 Neha Choudhry


0 comments:

Post a Comment