Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Prince's Tale

Hiding in the bushes
I watched her smile
as she giggled while she talked
wearing a rose colored frock.
As she went up high on the swing
her green eyes sparkled with joy
I wished to know her
I longed to be her friend
talk to her
dawn to dusk
dusk to dawn
be with her
until time is through.

Little did she know
Wizardry was her world
with magic running in her
she wasn't the usual, normal girl.
When I broke it to her that she was a witch
she ran away,
I stayed there all night
wondering why no one ever cared,
why I never had a friend,
why was I always left alone
in despair.

Lost in my thoughts
I didn't hear her coming
She came and sat beside me.
Her curious green eyes
questioned me
"So is it true?",
she stuttered at 'Witch'
I nodded in agreement
and she smiled without a twitch.
She told me she kind of knew it
but couldn't put into words.
Her sister called us a freak
and we had no care in the world.
We were best of friends
sharing a life, a dream, a destination
and magic.
We were together
dawn to dusk
dusk to dawn
I longed to hold her hand
and tell her
I will love her
until time is through.

Hogwarts, it was
finally we had arrived,
we were sorted in different houses
but these little things we didn't mind.
She got close to another
and I watched them sometimes
a fire burned through me
I couldn't stand her away
and in a fury, a passing moment
I said things all my life, I've regret.
If only I didn't call her a 'mudblood'
If only I could make her understand
I wouldn't have been this heartless, this cold
and together we could grow old.

She married him, I heard
I tried to not show I cared
but when I learned she was in danger
I couldn't keep away, withhold.
And she tried saving him
a little boy of one
I could have hated him all my life
had it not been her son.
That night in Godric's Hollow
I took her in my arms
with tears raining my love
I poured my heart out
I told her I loved her
all along,
I longed to hear her
but she was gone.

My dawns dusked forever
time indeed was through,
I vowed to save her son from the dark
I knew she wanted him safe too.
He had the face I most despised
but somewhere in him, she shined
No matter how much I hated James
No matter how much I tried to hate the little boy
every time I saw his green eyes
I thawed, I cared for him too.

Never before today
I bared my soul
Anonymously I've looked after him
cared the way she would want to,
I wore a cloak of hatred
but my heart never let the embers of love fade.
As I close my eyes today
I wished to see her one last time
with tears in those green eyes
when he looked at me
I saw Love
I saw Lily.

I never could say it
I never even dared
I never knew I possessed
so much love to share.
Before my heart stops
as I breathe in my last
I want her to know
I have loved her
All this time
In life and death
Always.


© 2011 Neha Choudhry


2 comments:

Anuranjani said...

Aww.. Wow! Snape's emotions! So beautifully put! Lovely, indeed!

Neha Choudhry said...

:) Thanks sweety!

Post a Comment